MFT Return to Sport Plan
MFT is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our members. The purpose of this document is to provide athletes and coaches with best practices and recommendations regarding return to snow sport activity. We are doing our best to make participating in MFT as safe as possible for participants, coaches, parents and volunteers. As outdoor sports we are already in the most ventilated place we can be however, the circumstances around COVID-19 are changing constantly thus these protocols (developed from the current government and Association mandates) may change based on updated recommendations and or National, State, County and City directives (which MFT will abide by)
We have developed guidelines and requirements that comply with CDC, state and local public health guidelines and best practices from U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA). We did not make up any of these guidelines and defer to the experts.
General Protocols For Participation
- All Athletes must be symptom-free for at least two weeks before participating in MFT activities
- All athletes and parents will be required to sign a participation waiver
- All coaches and volunteers will pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to work every day
- All athletes will self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19, including temperature check before coming to training every day.
- All coaches and athletes must have immediate access to mask at all times during training
- Training times will be staggered to avoid congestion
Protocols for Outdoor Training
- Training groups will be established at the beginning of the program. Groups will be consistent session to session and day to day once they are established.
- No more than 10 athletes per training group with 1 coach. Coaches will be assigned to a group and remain with that group throughout the season except when the need for a substitute arises
- All Athletes will bring their own water
- All Athletes will maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet from other people except when riding the lift, if they choose to ride with another person.
- All athletes must have a mask or face covering immediately available. If you cannot provide one, MFT can provide one to you.
- Athletes and Coaches will wear a face covering at all times when not actively skiing or snowboarding
- There will be no physical contact such as horseplay etc. between athletes
- Backpacks and bags to be set safely apart at MFT designated area
- Athletes and coaches will ride the chairlift with members of the team. MFT will attempt to limit sharing chairlifts with members of the public
- No group lunches – athletes will bring snacks (and should be enough to resolve hunger issues) , which some snacks should be on their person and others can l be stored in MFT designated area and sit safely apart. No sharing of water bottles or snacks
- Competition teams will meet at 9:15 at the bottom of the slope style jumps. Competition teams will begin training at 9:30 on the T-Bar. Training will be from 9:30 to 2:00
- All other teams shall meet at 9:45 at the bottom of the slope style jumps. Training shall be from 10:00 to 2:30. Team members shall wear a mask at all times they are in the lift line and riding a lift
- Coaches will instruct athletes that coughs and sneezes will be covered/into elbow
- Coaches will inquire every day before training if the athletes have experienced any COVID symptoms
- Team equipment will be sanitized before, during and after use (for example shovels etc.) All athletes, volunteers and coaches shall immediately use hand sanitizer after touching any MFT shared team equipment
- Athletes will have hand sanitizer in their coats or backpacks to use before and after any snacks/breaks
In the event of illness – if an athlete attends practice and presents with any symptoms of illness, athlete will be safely isolated, given a mask if needed and parents/care giver contacted. Parent/caregiver must pick up athletes within 60 minutes of being contacted or athlete must be able to transport home safely. Where illness relates to Covid-19, the athlete will not be allowed to return to training until cleared by a medical professional.
Please remember that we are operating in a highly dynamic and evolving environment. All procedures and protocols outlined in this plan are subject to modification and will be amended as public health rules change and/or based on what we learn once the program begins.
We recognize that every family has a different perspective on return to on snow sports and training and we encourage families to get in touch with us to discuss specific situations and concerns.
COVID-19 Participant Agreement
I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to ensure I self check (or check my minor(s)) for COVID -19 symptoms before coming to MFT events including weekly training. If I (or my child(ren) experience any COVID-19 related symptoms I (they) will not come to an MFT event and or weekly training.
The symptoms of COVID-19 include:
(a) A cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition
(b) Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that cannot be attributed to another health condition
(c) Loss of taste or smell
(d) Fever (100.4° F/37.8° C or greater
(e) Sore throat
(g) Head or muscle aches
(h) Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
(i) Fatigue that cannot be attributed to another health condition or to a specific activity such as physical exercise
I agree that if the athlete develops or experienced in the last 24 hours, any of these symptoms they will not come to an MFT event/training day and will notify MFT of any positive COVID-19 test immediately.
I also agree that if any of the following occur I will notify MFT and will follow relevant state and federal guidelines:
- Learn that athlete has been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Diagnosed with COVID-19
Parents and athletes agree they will follow MFT guidelines as much as possible – practicing social distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, and otherwise limiting exposure to the coronavirus.
Participation Waiver and Release
I understand MFT is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of its members.
I understand MFT may cancel the program at any time and I will not be entitled to any refund.
MFT Board members and the Director shall not be responsible for damages
MFT, its Board members, Director and Coaches are not responsible for lost, stolen and/or damaged items.
MFT reserves the right, at the sole discretion of the Director, to dismiss a child whose conduct or influence is disruptive, uncooperative, etc… or in the opinion of the Director, contrary to the best interests of MFT and the program and no refund will be provided.
On behalf of myself and/or my minor child I understand, acknowledge and assume the risks and dangers associated with participation in the sport of skiing, snowboarding and associated events and activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease (including COVID-19), permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect ski and snowboard conditions; surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations unknown to or beyond the immediate control of MFT Coaches; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers (“Risks”).
Knowing and having been informed of the potential dangers and risks associated with MFT Ski and Snowboard program and teams, and in consideration of my child/ward being allowed to participate in the, I hereby agree on behalf of myself, my family members and my child/ward to assume all such risks and, further, to waive, release, discharge and hold harmless any Coaches, Director, agents, representatives, Board of Directors and volunteers from any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, claims or demands for personal injury, death or property damage of any kind or nature, and any other claims whatsoever arising out of, or in any way connected with, my child’s/ward’s participating in MFT. These Terms and Conditions extend to all claims of every kind or nature whatsoever, foreseen or unforeseen, known or unknown. The terms hereof shall serve as an assumption of risk, release and waiver for myself, my family, my child/ward and our heirs, executors, administrators, guardians or anyone else who might assert a claim on our behalf.